Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So, here I am... Still in Rome. I am waiting for stuff to finish, and can't actually do ANYTHING until then...

I was asked to stay another week. It was cheaper for me to stay here over the weekend, in the hotel, getting my per diem, and having my laundry done (~£300 all together) rather than flying back, which would require me to take a taxi back to Heathrow on Monday morning (>£500). Plus – Even if I was somewhere with nothing to see or do, I would rather stay through the weekend because travelling back is more stress than it's worth. I would lose half a day Friday afternoon to leave and catch my plane, and half a day Monday morning, because of travelling in. Plus, to catch that Monday morning plane, I have to be book a taxi at 0430, which means I have to be up at like 0300 so I can do all of the normal morning activities required for me to get ready for work. My crit sit manager thought it odd that I shouldn't want to come home to see Ray for the weekend. But, really, it's far less relaxing and far more stressful for me to travel back. So, no.

But, it was sort of a valid point, so I checked and it was only like £250 to fly Ray out here. So, I did. Now, I still got to spend the weekend with Ray, Emma got to spend the weekend with dachsies at the pet sitter's house and I got to not be stressed out. It worked out for the best.

Among other things, we saw the Coliseum and the Palatine with Augustus' house. It was really neat. I have a ton of pictures. In fact, I filled up mu 4GB card with them. As usual – I will upload them eventually. Which so far has meant "never"... But, seriously, I really will this time.

It was a bit crap earlier in the week... I've been fighting something off for the last month or so. I get better, I get worse. I take sudafed and tylenol and get a little better. A couple of days later, I get a bit worse. Hopefully, I am actually over it now.

Last night was an absolute mess, though. It rained and poured like I've only seen back home. Warm rain, in buckets. Like we get from tropical storms. I got hit by a wave of water, which soaked through my jeans. I was wearing a rain coat, but I was still drenched to the bone. But its gorgeous and sunny today, so yay. Even though, I don't really get to enjoy it.

Anyway, I think we will go off to lunch while waiting for this stuff to finish doing what its doing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home