Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why can no one do their job?

So, we don't have broadband at the new place because it ALWAYS takes 5 working days from the time you get your new phone number… Why they couldn't have just transferred the service, I can't say… But SKY told us it would take 20 business days, so we decided to go with BT. I called a couple of days ago and was told the broadband order was pending. OK- Cool – that's what I expected. But, I called today, paranoid, just wanting to confirm everything was ok (and so I could find out when we would get our extra special BT Hub thing), and I discovered that THERE IS NO RECORD OF MY ORDER!!! WTF?!?! Ok, fine – do the order again. But, they can't speed it up, either. So, it's going to be next Tuesday before it's available. Hmmm – Next Tuesday. When we are back in the States!!! Bastards! And the thing is.... There is nothing we can do about it. It will just be that way. Trying to go through someone else would just make it take longer.

So, the next thing – gotta find out from Sky why they are trying to charge me £99 for another Sky+ box when we already have one. I call, someone named Deborah answers rudely, after spending 5 minutes navigating through the VRU. I explain the situation. She hangs up on me. That's bad enough as it is… But then!! I try to dial back in, spend another 5 minutes navigating through the VRU and, guess what! "We expect to handle your call within 26 minutes." That was 62 minutes ago. And right about now, I am going to have to hang up so we can go back to the old place long enough for Ray to mow the lawn and get the last load of crap into the car. (And so I can upload this plus send Dad an email)

ARGGGG!!!! Can't people just do their job!?!?!?!?!?!

Note: After I finished writing this, I gave Ray the phone to hold on while I packed up to come over here to the old place.... Someone FINALLY answered to tell us that it was a form letter, they weren't really charging us £99 and that they STILL haven't turned off Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. And it took about an hour and twenty minutes to get that answer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home