Monday, October 20, 2008

OK – So, here I am in Rome. The little I've seen is really really neat. I found out today that the customer expects us to be gone at 1800 and was feeling rather put-upon because I spent an extra 15 minutes getting some data to send back. Since I didn't know this before, I didn't finish up what I was doing in time. And, of course, I still had emails to send and status updates, etc… So, I have to pay for internet in this hotel, and I do NOT get reimbursed for it… Yeah – I am just a bit grumpy about that. Oh well.

I am hoping tomorrow that 1) I feel a bit better and 2) I will have planned better so that I can go see some stuff tomorrow night.

I was just thinking that it's funny because you see these paintings EVERYWHERE in the US of some small street, and you can never tell what country its in, because everywhere I've been thus far on the continent - France, Austria, Switzerland, Germany and here in Italy - they have those same narrow, picturesque streets, winding up a hill, with colorful buildings that have flower boxes hanging out windows.

Also, I want to say: We have no idea what a latte is. Yummmmm… I usually get a latte wherever I am. I got one here. It was just a shot of espresso with a dollop of milk. Put a lot of sugar in, and omigod it is tasty.

Last: I went to a grocery to get some Pespi Max and a bottle of water. 1) No Pepsi Max just a couple of bottles of Diet Pepsi, a couple of bottles of regular Pepsi. This is a Coca-Cola nation. 2) When I walked in, Plush by STP was playing. And some Italian guy was singing. Badly. With a heavy Italian accent. It was really funny.

Ok – Gotta go. I am kinda tired and just need to crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home