Saturday, November 14, 2009

So – I was awakened this morning by a 105 pound German Shepherd who has developed a fear of thunder and/or lightening... C'mon!! She spent most of her life, her formative years, in NC, where we have thunderstorms how often? The poor thing was so freaked out. Then it only got worse, we had a couple of lightening strikes nearby, then it started to hail. Then started actually trying to climb into the bed. Ray finally got her to calm down, and once the storm passed, she relaxed, sort of... High strung giant dogs can be not fun.

I tried to get a picture of the hail and stuff...
From Assorted UK Stuff

It's a bit difficult to make out, but if you look in the gutter at the slushie type ice, then on the ground near the dead flower pot... Not giant hail, golf ball sized hail or anything, but enough to be annoying.


Other interesting things...
We don't have grits here, but I do either 1) bring them back with me when I visit or 2) ask Mom and Dad to include them in care packages. So, I have grits. But grits require bacon, at least for me. And British bacon is not exactly... bacon. It's more like country ham but a bit less salt. It's not a bad food. But it's not bacon, either. So a couple weeks ago, we were in Sainsbury's because our ASDA was closed for renovations, and I discovered Oscar Mayer bacon! Actually shipped from Madison, WI to here via Spain, it seems, but still... It was real American bacon. Yum! Then eggs, and I had a perfect breakfast last Sunday. A friend from here who had an American girl friend at one point, who had made him southern biscuits lamented that I couldn't make those as well. I suppose I need to learn, as mine become these hard lumps of... ick.

Anyway I need to end this so we can get going – We have to go to the mall... We've got a couple of presents left... I've got something for Dad, but need to get something for Mom too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home