Friday, April 10, 2009

So, both Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays here in the UK. At least for work it is, and I know that ASDA will be closed on Sunday, and probably Monday.... I don't care - I really just need a chance to relax a bit.

Anyway... You know what drives me nuts here in the UK? Mixer taps. Or rather, the fact that having a single faucet dispensing both hot and cold water at the same time is so rare that there has to be a special name for it... And it's poorly named because when you have a "mixer tap", as in the kitchen, you don't actually get "mixed" hot and cold water to get warm water - you get a stream of water that is hot on one side and cold on the other. The only time back home I can remember coming across someone's sink which had 2 faucets, one for hot water and one for cold, was my ex-boyfriend's Mom who lived in a really old house in Carrboro. I mean, built in like the 40's or 50's kind of old. But in the UK, this house we are living in is newer than my house back home. YET... The bathrooms have a hot water tap and a cold water tap. I don't understand how it could be THAT difficult to put in a normal type of Moen faucet that lets hot and cold water come out at the same time and be WARM water. There has to be something that I am missing... It can't be as simple as "it's always been this way, why change it".

Anyway... Going to fight my way through ASDA to stock up for this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home