Saturday, January 31, 2009

Can't sleep... Again

So, we finally fly back home later today. It would have been a fun trip if I hadn't screwed up my knee. I've decided that Sunday, I am just going to the A&E and getting them to look at it along with the x-rays and medical report from Bulgaria. I am hoping that they will tell me it was all a misdiagnosis, and I don't have to wear any kind of cast. Even if it wasn't, and I have to wear something to immobilize the knee, I would hope that NHS is modern enough to have AirCasts so I can take the stupid thing off every now and then.

The worst part of the entire thing has been trying to get BUPA travel insurance to handle what they were supposed to handle. I have to have a “fit to fly” certificate and in order to get that, the docs have to either have payment in full or a guarantee of payment from the travel insurance company. Which makes sense. But, BUPA took forever to get anything done, and since I didn't get the fit-to-fly paperwork until last night, they didn't start processing it until this morning. I have called at least a dozen times, back to the UK, to talk to these idiots. And I get stupidity like, “It looks like they couldn't verify your insurance” (3 days after I first called them, and they never called me back to get more info so that they could) and “Oh, we will have this sorted in time for you to fly back in 2 days time.” No, you idiot, I fly out tomorrow. Because it took so long to get this straightened out, they couldn't book my extra seats on the Monarch flight I was supposed to be on. Instead, I have to EasyJet. Ok, maybe I am being petty, but it means no free meal. It means paying £1.50 for a 250ml Pepsi! Though Ray (despite currently snoring quite loudly) had to make the smart ass comment when he heard, “Hey, at least EasyJet paints the engines that bright orange, so when it falls off, they know who to return it to.” And this particular flight apparently never runs on time.

I hope the pups are doing well. We haven't heard from the pet sitters, but the cell signal doesn't always seem to work here.

Well, it's 3AM here in Pamporovo. I guess I will go back to tossing and turning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home