Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I doubt that anyone has failed to hear by now that the G20 Summit is in London. It's one thing to peacefully protest, shout stupid slogans and regurgitated drivel, pretend to be self righteous, etc... (Because embracing expensive modern technology is anti-capitalist? Using a nylon tent – you do know that nylon is made from petroleum products? – in your fight against “big oil” is somehow ok?) But, then, people have to prove that they are nothing but idiots, spoiling for a fight, following mob rule... This poor moron can't even get the “Wunch of Bankers” joke right...


I AM a capitalist. I am not ashamed in the slightest of the fact that I enjoy my creature comforts. I miss my M5. I miss my real sized house. I miss the free cash I had when I lived in a country with a reasonable tax rate. I like stuff. I like techno-gadgets. I like being a capitalist. I will not apologize for it.


Do I have the slightest sympathy for the people who CHOSE to live the lives that they do? I am talking about those people who chose to be bike messengers or chose to be starving artists... If you have made a decision to do as little as you can, to rebel against everything and seek to destroy things that people have ACTUALLY WORKED HARD to achieve because you feel some injustice that has been done to by... who? The guy across from you on the train? Someone who worked harder than you? The government? Your parents? Some random god? Grow up. Get a fucking job. CONTRIBUTE to society! Stop whining and do something CONSTRUCTIVE!!!


Yes, I know people make bad choices. Yes, I know that bad things happen to good people. Yes, I know that life is unfair to a lot people. GET OVER IT. I've been through a lot of shit in my life. I made bad decisions, and good ones. Everyone has. Now, what you do at that point... THAT is what defines you as a person. Besides, these aren't the people I am complaining about...


Ok... End of my rant... I have nothing positive to say at this point. I don't understand the mindset. I can't understand it. And I am done trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home