Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Installing SuSE on my vm system… So, I decided to write this to kill some time.

I got a credit card "offer" in the mail yesterday from Capital One, UK. They "offered" a 34.9% interest rate!! Omigod! I know that, being fairly new to this country, I don't exactly have real credit rating. They apparently don't have caps here as they have an option for a card that charges 59.99%. (Because that .01% is going to make a world of difference.) I would say, "How can anyone be so stupid to apply for one of these cards?" But I already know the answer.

Speaking of which… I had this awful dream the other night – It was one of those where you wake up, and you are trying to do whatever it was you were doing in the dream. In this case, I was yelling at Sharon. I had spoke to my parents earlier in the day, and Mom had said something like "Sharon is going to make us her chicken salad." So, in the dream, Sharon had poisoned them so they would die, and she would get their insurance money. Of course, when I tell Ray this upon waking, his only comment was that, considering her hygiene, she really wouldn't have to resort to poison. Just feeding them may put them both in the hospital with some disease.

So – The weather. It sucks. It is cold. Like, really cold. We've had some snow last few days. And the cul-de-sac where we live is basically just a frozen sheet of ice. Everyone keeps telling me that they can't remember it ever being so cold here…

Oh, well. My install still isn't done, but, I have some other stuff I can get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home