Saturday, November 22, 2008

I need to update my blog a lot more often...

So, I got really upset with the HP 2133 Mini Note... Quite simply, I wanted to get an activation code for SLED... I could not get it from HP. I argued, I yelled, I gave up. I took the laptop back to Curry's. They typically don't take back anything if it's been opened. I guess there is too much fraud. But – They called HP, and they were trying to talk to the tech support guys about it to see if HP would take it back... The manager is talking to them, and they are communicating, right up to the point he says “It's a 2133 Mini Note”. Suddenly, the guy at HP couldn't hear him at all and hung up on him. So, the manager of Curry's got pissed off and just decided to give us an exchange. So, I said “Screw it” and I got a Dell Inspiron 1318. It was preloaded with Windows, AND it came with handy preload CDs and everything, so if you toast your load, you don't have to beg for reload CDs or anything, you already have them. However, I have now wiped it and loaded Ubuntu on here. And it ROCKS! There were no problems, or gotchas. I just loaded it, and poof! Everything just worked! So, I am very happy with it. It works great! It isn't quite as small as I wanted, but, you know what, that is ok. It is a very cool laptop and I am quite happy with it! (And I am using it right now.)

So, we went to Leeds Castle today. It was really interesting... Ok, well, it was pretty interesting. The grounds were pretty. And there were tons of ducks. And geese. And swans. Ray suggests that I actually start figuring out what kind of birds I am taking pictures of, so instead of being “a goose that isn't a Canadian goose”, I can actually be a bit more specific.

Ray is currently watching “The Truth Behind the Moon Landings”... I am really surprised at the idiocy these folks spout forth. I am beginning to understand though – These folks want to feel special, like “I know something no one else knows!” How stupid people can be.

Anyway... Gonna go now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 2133 is a pretty nice machine. You don't really need a SLED activation code... you can just install Ubuntu on it. I know, I know, it's not quite what you paid for, but you get the same applications and software that way, and the support and updates are good.

Sun Nov 23, 03:00:00 am GMT  
Blogger Jen Parker said...

Yeah, I probably would have stayed with the 2133 if their tech support hadn't been so stupid about it. I found out later that it didn't need an activation code... But, then why is that the "With Windows" load is the same price as the with "Linux" load? So much for me supporting Linux by buying preloaded OS on a system.

Sun Nov 23, 08:18:00 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home