Monday, August 25, 2008

So, I am waiting to hear from the vet... Poor Ed. We have no idea what happened, but somehow, he ended up with an abscess on his rump. At first, I thought he jumped out another window. He was outside Saturday, and I didn’t know that Ray had let him out. (Ray still can’t remember if he actually let him out or not.) He seemed to be walking funny, so, I thought he’d jumped, but he seemed to be intact other than his tail being a little sore. Nothing was broken – we didn’t worry about it. Then I realized Sunday that he was walking funnier than the day before – his butt stuck way out. Well, maybe his anal glands need to be expressed or something – it’s not that uncommon of a thing for Ed. I told Ray, and by the time Ray took a look at him 20-30 minutes later, Ed seemed to be in even more pain. So, I found a vet on a Sunday (today is a Bank Holiday and we didn’t think he could wait until Tuesday because he was in so much pain) in Caterham and took him in. They were a bit hesitant as it isn’t something that folks would usually want emergency service for, but Ed was in far too much pain for us not to take the poor fellow in. Well, we brought him in and it turns out, as I’d said, that it’s an abscess. The vet said that it’s commonly from another cat attacking, being the aggressor, and the cat being attacked (Ed in this case) turning tail and running – the aggressor would have clawed at Ed’s tail. Well – Ed is only allowed in the back yard, which is fenced off and he cannot escape. However, we know that the Persian behind us (Justin) can jump up onto the brick wall... Maybe he got into our yard and fought with Ed and ran off? Or, if Justin can get in there, then any of the other dozen cats that roam the streets could have as well, I would guess... That is the only explanation we can think of... Ed isn’t allowed to roam, so...? Poor guy. I hope everything is ok. But, it still doesn’t mean I like him. Really. I hate cats. They are all vile and evil. Eeeeevilllllllle. I only give him special tuna treats or ham and pet him and stuff so he doesn’t try to kill me in my sleep. I don’t actually like him at all. (And does anyone actually believe that?)

So, other stuff… I think Ray is exceedingly excited about going back home for a week in October! He keeps talking about going to the Mexican restaurant. :-) We figure with Mike, Norma and the kids, there won’t really be room for us, so, right now we are trying to figure out what hotel to stay in. I want to stay at one off I-95 because it offers a “southern style breakfast buffet”. Yum! Dunno yet, though. The bad thing is, though, because of Ed’s vet costs, there goes a lot of the money we’d put aside for this. Oh, well. It’s not as if our financial situation is THAT dire. And Mom and Dad are going to let us borrow a car, too, so we don’t have to rent one, which will be good.

Anyway, rather than more complaints or contemplation… Just going to grab some lunch and do nothing for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home