Saturday, April 26, 2008

It is a gorgeous spring Saturday morning... We are going mountain biking as soon as Ray gets back from his swim, so that is cool. Just thought I would *gasp* update my blog over breakfast!

Since May 5 is a bank holiday here (May Day), we are also taking off the Friday before, the 2nd, and going to go kayaking at the Isle of Wight. I am excited because we are actually taking our big boats out for the first time since we’ve been here. It should be pretty cool, and I hope the weather holds. I will take pictures!

So, my employer has changed providers for our mobile phones. Instead of BT or Orange, we are moving to Vodafone. I gotta say... From BT, I got a crappy, but sufficient and indestructible, Nokia phone. Every month, I got a bill from BT, which went directly to my AmEx, and I had to fill out an expense report, get the money back, pay AmEx... Pain in the ass. Now, with the new system, I will get an email every month, then I just chose which calls are personal, which calls are business, and... Done. That is it. Also! The phone... Ooooooohhhhh... It’s a Blackberry Pearl 8100. This is a nice little smartphone, too. I think I am just going to say screw my personal O2 account, and just use this. Yes, I know: That’s how they get you.... Then you are available 24/7 because your number is listed in Bluepages, and anyone in the company can find and call you at any point in time. But that is already the case, to be honest. The Business BT number is just forwarding calls to my Personal O2, so if someone calls at 2AM... Well, I never hear it because I am not permanently attached to my cell phone – It’s probably in the kitchen or somewhere, and I will have no idea that someone called me until much, much later. So, I don’t think it changes anything anyway, it just gives me a cooler phone and I don’t have to pay for a stupid O2 contract.

So, one of the things Ray and I watch when bored is music videos. We have about 20 channels of music videos, with probably 2/3 of them being crap. Anyway, flipping through, we saw this video which was big around the time we were moving here. I’d forgotten all about... Now that I’ve lived here, it turns out that the song is a pretty accurate representation of what the shining wonderful city of London really is. I am still not sorry that I am here, though, despite all that. I am glad to have the experience. I appreciate home more and more everyday.

Ray should be home soon... Off to Leith Hill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home